After becoming a little bored with using Admob, coupled with the fact I have been getting some poor fill rates and eCPM values lately, I decided to look around for an alternative. After looking at Tapjoy and a few others, I settled on Leadbolt.
Once I followed the easy steps of integrating the SDK and getting it working, all I had to do was head over to their website, and choose an ad type and the settings I wanted on it. I decided for this trail, I would leave the Admob banner ads in the app itself, but add a Leadbolt content blocker offer wall on entering the application. The default setting was to force the user to click an offer before it would let them continue.
Not wanting to push it too far though, I gave them the option of closing the offers without choosing any of them. Then I sat back and watching the impressions rise, the clicks start coming in, but the revenue remain on zero. I figured these must be clicks on offers, but the user didn’t carry through to a point where they triggered revenue. A quick email to my Leadbolt account manager confirmed this. And the prompt friendly reply was also very welcome.
The main thing I was pleased about in the first couple of days, was even though there was no money being made, that the new ad format in my app didn’t generate any negative comments. Im sure if I had forced them to click an offer it would have been a different story. Lets have a look at the stats for the last 5 days.
So after a few days of getting 10 clicks a day and not seeing anything for it, I had some success. 7 clicks brought in $12.60. So even though with so little views, I may only get the odd pay day from Leadbolt, the higher eCPM has made me decide to keep it. Especially considering I made about a third of what I make monthly from Admob in a single day.