Figures for September are in. Lets take a look.
As I stated in last months report, the active user figures were starting to flatten. I decided since I had not updated Four Kings in over 2 months, I would try that and see if I could get a little spike in growth happening again. As usual it worked a treat.
The update mainly centred around replacing the text counters with graphical ones, moving the Admob banner from the bottom to the top of the screen and adding a Leadbolt content locker (with close button enabled) to the beginning of each round.
Google Market Sales
Sales have been much the same as the last 3 months. Slightly less charged, but the impact has been cushioned a little by the fact that the exchange rate has come down.
Total Sales $37.23 – 11.17 (Google’s Cut)
Sales Revenue = $26.06
As I stated in this post, I decided to mix up the advertising in September in a bit of an experiment. The update I published on the 22/9 included a Leadbolt offerwall, and also moved my current Admob banner from the bottom of the screen (near the button the user presses), to the top of the screen.
Instantly the clicks on the Admob banner dropped from double digits, back down to single figures. I am guessing it has more to do with the banner placement than the Leadbolt inclusion. People usually click on a banner because they see something that interests them. They don’t usually make a deliberate decision not to click any ads in a game, because they have already seen some on start up.
Thinking about it now, it made sense to leave the banner at the bottom near the button. I was worried about false clicks but I’m thinking now it has more to do with where the user’s eye spends most of its time on the screen. And in Four Kings it’s in the bottom half. In any case I will be moving it back in the next update and that will either prove or dismiss my theory. Ad impressions/requests were also down a little so its hard to tell, but looking at the graphs its easy to see the update made my Admob performance worse.
Leadbolt revenue for the month was $19.08. Considering it was only running for the last 7 days of September and just about beat my month of Admob revenue is very promising. By the end of October when I have a full 5 weeks of data I will be able to give a better report on its performance.
Still slightly down overall compared to a few months ago. The implementation of Leadbolt really saved me this month. Sales per month of the paid version seem to have settled into a fairly consistent pattern. Next month will see me finally launch some new apps and start to increase the number of streams of money lining my bank account.